Welcome!

I created this blog when I began competing and use it to share my experiences as a physique competitor, personal trainer/business owner, and wife. I'm an IFBB Pro Women's Physique Competitor who is determined to re-introduce feminine muscularity to the sport. Follow me on my journey to compete in the first women's physique Olympia. I'll be writing every step of the way!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Oh cheat day, how I miss thee...

I went almost 8 months without a single cheat meal or deviation from my contest prep diet, yet now after only 1 week without my beloved cheat day, I'm ready to rip someone's head off!  It's amazing how if you don't have something for a long period of time your body doesn't really miss it that much. Getting into a routine is tough at first, but once I do, I find comfort within that. The idea of getting up on stage when I'm not looking or feeling my best really freaks me out.  I've seen some competitors get up on that stage knowing that they should've stayed home and given themselves an extra couple of months on the diet, and I really don't want that to be me!

I must say that I have iron-clad willpower when it comes to my contest diet, but dieting for a photoshoot doesn't really have the same urgency as getting up on stage does.  I know that these pictures will last FOREVER and are important, but unlike the upcoming contests, it doesn't seem real to me.  But honestly, it would be hard to ever forgive myself if I ruined the opportunities that this shoot could bring.  Great pictures are not only awesome for my website, but a woman needs some Sponsors to afford this sport/ lifestyle!

I went to a store last weekend to look for some outfits for the shoot (bikinis, athletic wear, etc) and was totally bummed out when I went into the dressing room to try the stuff on.  The lighting was awful (at least I hope it was the lighting) and I could see every dimple and imperfection on my butt and thighs.  If you ever want to deflate a woman's ego just take her into that store!  Talk about a reality check.  That afternoon I decided it was time to change up my workouts and add back in that 2nd leg day that I had quickly eliminated after my last contest.

So this week has had some challenges, but I'm actually feeling comfortable getting into my old routine, even if it is sans cheat meal- at least for the next couple of weeks.  So as of today, I'm within 3 lbs of my contest weight which is a relief.  I've never been able to keep my weight off for this long after my contest season has ended (notice I've omitted the term "off-season"). But I will say that I'm looking forward to being done with this shoot so I can have some chips and salsa, or maybe some Chinese food, or maybe yogurt with toppings, or maybe....I could go on and on but I think I'll stop while I'm ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment