Welcome!

I created this blog when I began competing and use it to share my experiences as a physique competitor, personal trainer/business owner, and wife. I'm an IFBB Pro Women's Physique Competitor who is determined to re-introduce feminine muscularity to the sport. Follow me on my journey to compete in the first women's physique Olympia. I'll be writing every step of the way!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Trish's 2011 comp prep, week 9- "Does my neck look fat?"

Starting weight: 113, current weight: 106.7


I can't believe that I'm on week 9 of my competition diet already. It's been flying by and I'm glad for that. I think that going into the 3rd month totally reveals how hard you've worked in the previous months. At this point, you're either really glad that you started early because you're going to cruise into contest shredded or, you're freaking out because you've got to squeeze yourself into a teeny bikini in no time at all....As for me, I'm going to glide into contest ready to win!

This week I actually had 6 different people tell me that I look like I've lost a lot of weight. Earlier this week, a guy at the gym said "No offense, but you didn't look like this a couple months ago!" and a lady at the gym tonight said "You must compete because you're the only one that looks like that here- except for the guys". I wasn't sure how to take that one...

But, almost every person that's made a comment also said that my neck and face look thinner...so were they fat before? I think it's funny, because my weight has only changed about 6 lbs since I started by diet 9 weeks ago- and 4 of those pounds were from the first week of water loss! The comments people make are pretty flattering for the most part and this is about the time I get people coming up to me left and right (at the gym especially) asking me questions about my diet, workouts, and supplements. It like I should carry a list, containing my diet and supplements, around with me to hand out to people! Usually, I wear my headphones to prevent the questions during my workout. But, many times that doesn't work because they'll either just stand in front of me or even tap me on the shoulder to get my attention...really? Is it that serious?

It's funny because about 95% of the time, people who come up and talk to me always think that there's some Magic pill they can take to fix their weight loss issues and boy are they bummed to learn that it's only hard work and discipline that produce my results! Anyways, for those of you who are also dieting I feel your pain, hunger, tiredness, and ultimately your excitement!

It's about this time that I start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I have 7 weeks until my May 7th contest and I'm getting that familiar jittery excitement to get back up on stage! There really is no feeling that's been able to compare to the satisfaction I get from showing off my hard work and dedication to fitness. That's what I keep in mind when I'm losing my motivation or am just plain tired. I never want to be one of those competitors that just show up to a contest (like they had nothing better that night to do so they decided to compete at the local bodybuilding show). I want to be the competitor that people see backstage and makes them wish they'd worked a lot harder in their contest prep!

No comments:

Post a Comment