Welcome!

I created this blog when I began competing and use it to share my experiences as a physique competitor, personal trainer/business owner, and wife. I'm an IFBB Pro Women's Physique Competitor who is determined to re-introduce feminine muscularity to the sport. Follow me on my journey to compete in the first women's physique Olympia. I'll be writing every step of the way!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Trish's 2011 comp prep, week 8- "Back off cookies!"

Sitting here at my “day job” I’m wishing I could just take a nap. A short nap would work- maybe 15-20 minutes? Maybe if I shut my office doors, put the phone on Do Not Disturb, & turn out the lights they’ll forget I’m here? I can’t believe how bad I’ve been sleeping the last 2 nights. My poor husband is having allergies or sinus problems and can’t breathe at night, so his snoring has been awful. I find myself waking up in the middle of the night to go sleep on the couch. I wake up exhausted, feeling like I haven’t sleep at all- and that makes for a worn out wife, step-mom, and dieting competitor!


Getting enough sleep & recovery during competition prep can be tough, even without a snoring husband or wife, but it really is crucial to my success. I find that when I’m tired, I’m not only grouchy, I’m starving! Right now I’m craving pretty much any sugary thing that will give me the quick fix or sugar rush, but that’s when my common sense training competitor side has to come out & tell me “NO!” There’s no way in hell I’m letting a couple of sleepless nights ruin my 8 weeks of completely clean dieting! I know that if I take a bite of something sweet, I’ll eat the whole thing, and then push back my contest ready date. I’ve worked too hard to let myself down like that. Plus the fact that I’d probably have a terrible stomach ache and be on the toilet all night- to make for a 3rd sleepless night…

Needless to say, I’m going to bed early tonight! Maybe I’ll invest in some ear plugs or some Tylenol PM, but either way I’m determined to keep myself on track and reach my goals. I’m not going to work this hard for nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment