Welcome!

I created this blog when I began competing and use it to share my experiences as a physique competitor, personal trainer/business owner, and wife. I'm an IFBB Pro Women's Physique Competitor who is determined to re-introduce feminine muscularity to the sport. Follow me on my journey to compete in the first women's physique Olympia. I'll be writing every step of the way!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Trish's 2011 comp prep, week 7- Is it nap time yet?

Starting weight: 113 lbs, Current weight: 106.8 lbs


I must say that finishing up week 7 of my competition diet feels pretty good. I’ve stayed on track, I haven’t strayed at all from my food plan, and from the look and feel of it I should be ready on time- if not early! As good as it feels to see the inner buff chick finally coming out; my attitude doesn’t seem to be reflecting that.

Yesterday morning my husband told me that for the past 3 days I’ve been pretty bitchy (he said it as nicely as he could…). The worst part about that remark is that I didn’t even realize it! I admit that I haven’t slept well the last week and it must have caught up to me. So last night, I took a Tylenol PM & woke up feeling really good. I just needed a good night’s sleep- one where I’d wake up feeling rested instead of worn out! I finally felt like that this morning. I work long days where I wake up at 4:45am, get home around 8:30pm, and then crawl in bed around 9pm. Granted this is not the best schedule for a dieting woman to be on, but you do what you gotta do.

As focused as I am on these upcoming competitions there are some very important things that I’m gonna remember to do:

1.Pay attention to my husband and step-kids- and try not to get so easily annoyed by any of them J

2.Get plenty of sleep & rest my sore muscles. I'll switch around body part workout days when needed, especially if I’m still sore from a previous workout

3.Remind myself that competing is not a requirement, it is a choice!

I think that's the most inportant thing for me to remember. No one is forcing me to be a bodybuilder/figure competitor. It's my choice to stay on a strict diet while everyone around me pigs out on fast food. I choose to get up at the crack of dawn to do my cardio while others sleep. I choose to give max effort in every workout while others stand around and talk for the duration of theirs. That’s part of the competitor’s lifestyle and therefore it’s part of mine…and I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Trish,
    Love your article. It is so true! I have to remind myself of that a lot--it is MY choice! It can be difficult when everyone else in the house is enjoying spaghetti with rosemary sour dough baguettes, doused with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Hershey Kisses, while I eat my little piece of chicken and healthy portion of green vegetables! Or the birthday cake that my daughter baked and frosted for her best friend's birthday last week while I madly chomped on my Extra Sugar Free Dessert gum! I like what my daughter says, "Mom, do you want to eat that, or do you want ABS?" Enough said! My CHOICE is ABS--and I am getting them after 6 weeks of dieting! Thanks, Trish and Mike! I am loving this!
    N

    ReplyDelete