Welcome!

I created this blog when I began competing and use it to share my experiences as a physique competitor, personal trainer/business owner, and wife. I'm an IFBB Pro Women's Physique Competitor who is determined to re-introduce feminine muscularity to the sport. Follow me on my journey to compete in the first women's physique Olympia. I'll be writing every step of the way!

Friday, March 9, 2012

2 weeks out: Small changes = BIG results!

So 2 weeks out from the Governors Cup and I'm feeling great! In my last blog I was stressed out, tired, unmotivated, and actually wondering why I was putting myself through all of this.  In fact, most of the time around this point, I really start dragging a*% and turn into mean zombie woman. But this time, Mike's actually been able to increase my food so my metabolism has revved up into high gear! I feel like a "normal person" again...and once you start competing, "normal" becomes a feeling you treasure.

I've talked about how much our bodies hate change. It doesn't matter how great of shape someone's in, a body still wants to resist what you're doing. I should know because my body loves to go to battle every contest season. It's constantly trying to hinder all my calorie burning efforts, but my determination seems to force it to change each year.  In my last blog I spoke about how I needed a good kick in the butt and that seems to have done the trick!  I'm back to feeling like my old self again.  I can feel the fire and excitement inside knowing that my contest date is so near!  Now it's crunch time for all of my final preparations- jewelry for the suit, perfecting the posing routines, and all the other little miscellaneous things too (makeup, eyelashes, etc).  

My nerves have calmed down a lot since seeing the outcome of the first pro women's physique contest.  There's such a big variety of competitors (bodybuilders and figure girls) entering this division that it's been unclear as to what physiques they'll be rewarding.  But, from what I've been hearing they don't want the girls too muscular, too hard, and only about 20% larger than a figure girl.  I think that if they stick to that criteria, I should fit comfortably within those parameters.  But, I also know that judging is subjective and really just depends on who shows up.  There seems to be several girls from other IFBB pro divisions who are switching over to WPD, but I'm going to look at it as earning my place in the division.  I really am only competing against myself and I believe that my physique has improved from last year so in that regard, I've already won. 

So the contest season is about to finally kick off for me.  I've been waiting since July of 2011 to hit that stage again and now it's right around the corner.  For the next 2 weeks, I'm focusing on my conditioning, food intake, and most of all sleep!  I'm still lifting as heavy as possible, but really concentrating in on etching out those details and pushing as much blood into the muscles as possible.  I'm not one of those competitors who believes in lightening weights, increasing reps, and doing 2 hours of cardio a day.  Being a natural competitor, I start dieting early and keep my weight gain minimal off- season to avoid needing to make drastic changes in my contest prep.  I plan on hitting the stage with a healthy body that glows and hopefully that will appeal to the judges!  We'll see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment